(Sorry Amelia Diamond).
In case you haven’t noticed already, I have a very limited vocabulary. There are only so many times you can say ‘amazing’, ‘incredible’, or ‘seriously’ in the one post. Often I find myself wishing I had an inner dictionary, a knowledge of the words, like Tim – the collector of big words. Or maybe I could just start carrying around my pocket dictionary from school (with added thesaurus – the life saver) and whip it out whenever necessary. Urban Dictionary doesn’t quite cut it, however it used to be my constant go-to for a hit of hilariousness. At one point during a family dinner we somehow decided to search all our names on the handy site – so much promiscuity and scandal. This year is a mountain of learning and growing.
Then I was introduced to Wordstuck (by Leanne of course). Holy moly, life change, mind blown. So here are my 5 new favourite words for 2015 (I gather there will be plenty more as I continue to make my way through the list), and it is my aim to use these at least once before the year is out (hold me to it).
1. Augenblick: “in the blink of an eye”; a ‘decisive moment’ in time that is fleeting, yet momentously eventful and incredibly significant. (How the heck do you even use that in a sentence).
2. Innerer Schweinehund: a form of lazy procrastination – one’s lack of willpower or one’s weaker self – usually of the physical kind, that needs to be overcome to get yourself going. (On Sundays, I really need to stop letting my innerer schweinehund come out).
3. Livsnjutare: the enjoyer of life; someone who loves life deeply and lives it to the extreme. (I want to be a real livsnjutare this year).
4. Pulchritudinous: having great physical beauty and appeal, breathtakingly comely and attractive. (Bambi is so pulchritudinous).
5. Tsundoku: the act of leaving a book unread after buying it, normally piled up together with other such books. (I am a repeat offender of tsundoku).
(Image from here)