Tonight is the time to reflect on the year that was, because scarily it is almost over, and 2015 is never coming back. I’ll be finishing the last bits off with a reception-free camping trip and back to back beach days – hopefully perfecting the surfing skills I never quite won over last summer. This year has been full – moving out for reals this time, applying for fashion college, working like a maniac, stressing over the little things.
Onto some of my highlights, some of my most favourite ramblings of the mind from each month, working backwards.
– That old rant about best dressed awards – still fresh in my mind.
– Pondering a new age, one where you learn to actually do stuff and follow your most secret dreams.
– Discovering the incredible talent of Julie White, and the role of fashion in society.
– Finding the beauty in absolutely everyone.
– Questioning the way to live sustainably in a little apartment, with the help of Lauren Singer.
– Still in love with bandannas and their amazing ways to reinvent an outfit.
– My little daily outfit adventure and abuse of Man Repeller.
– Setting up the sustainers – my way of delving into the sustainable side of fashion.
– Reflecting of the beautiful location of Vanuatu.
– Setting up the 30 before 30 list, ready for accomplishment.
– Uncovering some non-translatable words – which I was meant to use throughout the year, and definitely didn’t.