Let me help you decide on the Christmas outfit of perfection. This month, instead of reliving the awing beauty of just one collection, I thought we’d do a little grouping. I’m feeling a need to deliver the Christmas spirit through outfit choices, because my apartment is lacking in any signs of the holidays ( the toilet paper is the most festive thing in there ).
– A very Gucci take on Christmas ( from 2016’s F/W collection ). Red, green, ruffles. It’s a glorified jumpsuit out there, ready for a hot summer’s celebration ( sorry all you Northerners ).
– How about a gingham surprise. Find a twin, grab a sister or a friend – I’ll take red, you have green. Then match, match, match a la MSGM.
– Plaid also seems like a very Christmassy ideal – was it designed for such an occasion originally? The rule is to choose one that reflects a holiday tone; red, green, white, or crazy. For an Australian Christmas I’m a fan of Calvin Klein’s simple plaid dress, brought in with a miniaturised Santa belt ( ? ). Breezy enough to sit around in all day, roomy enough for all that feasting. All you need to add is some ridiculous bauble earrings and the spirit is with you.
– Orrrrr why not wear decorations fit for the Christmas tree in your ears? ( ones that far outweigh the regular bauble or bell of the above ). Delpozo delivers. You could wear a potato sack and still incredible with these dangling from your head.
– And lastly, what could be more Christmassy and over-the-top than a lashing of embellishment? I’ll take a classic sheer black dress from Valentino, rendered new with handcrafted details, please.
(Images from here)